Signing up to an annual direct debit payment plan from your energy supplier is supposed to help prevent bill shock as your payments are spread equally throughout the year. But it might not work like that...
Few workers reach their dream job
Many men said their dream job as a child was to be a footballer but not many get to celebrate scoring a goal like Wayne Rooney
Fewer than a fifth of British workers are in the job they wanted while growing up, according to a survey.
Just 15% of people achieve their childhood ambitions of getting the job they always dreamed of, leaving 85% frustrated, according to the poll.
More than one in 10 men, 14%, said they had wanted to become a footballer as a boy, with airline pilot (11%) and soldier (7%) the next most popular careers.
Twenty per cent of women questioned chose nurse as their dream job, closely followed by teacher.
Politician was the least desirable career for both sexes - with only 1% choosing it as their dream job when they were a child.
The survey of 1,044 UK adults was carried out in May by Opinion Matters, for JCB Toughphones.
According to the poll, people from the North East are the least likely to realise their career dreams, with 93% of those questioned ending up in a different job from the one they had wanted as a child.
People from the South East are most likely to achieve their chosen career, with almost a fifth (19%) saying they had achieved their childhood ambitions.
Jason Kemp, of JCB Toughphones, said: "It's a shame most of us don't live out our career ambitions, but not everyone can be a professional footballer.
"At a time when teenagers across the nation are thinking about their futures, the new research shows that many of us take a career trajectory we weren't always expecting."
related stories on msn
latest money videos
While Royal Mail showed an increase in yearly profits Marks and Spencer saw profits fall agaisnt last year's figures.
Date 21/05/13, Duration 1:51, Views 601
more on msn money
msn money poll
Would you like to receive offers from retailers – such as discount vouchers or sale previews - from your current account provider?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes - I'd like to receive any offers that could save me money
- Yes - but only if they were tailored specifically to my spending habits
- No - I already know where to look for vouchers and discounts
- 69 %No - I don't want to be contacted by my bank about anything other than my account